Monday, July 19, 2010

1 week 1 day

We call you Demonic Baby sometimes when you cross your eyes and make strange faces. Other times, you are so perfect with your huge eyes and big cheeks, looking at the world. You are the baby of a thousand faces. You are having a little trouble with nursing, so we had an expert come over today to help out. It was so reassuring for me, your freaked out mom, to have someone say I was doing a good job and that you were going to continue to nurse and be okay. She also has a friend who is a lactation consultant in New Haven, and is going to hook us up so I have someone built in there to help me. It's such a relief. Your dad is packing up books and bookcases, and I sometimes remind him to pack the books instead of read the books. :) He's the best dad ever, and the best helper to his tired and stressed wife. This afternoon he watched you sleep for two hours while I took a nap of my own. I woke up feeling bereft without you next to me, and had to come see you immediately. Right now you're awake next to me resting on the Boppy nursing pillow with a blankie around you. You're starting to play with your mouth, so it's probably time to try to feed you. I'm so glad you're here. I wish I felt more sure of myself in my taking care of you.
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment