I can poke you now! My uterus is up over my pubic bone. And I love knowing you wiggle back when I do, even though I can't feel it. Your dad called it your "muscle house," which houses you and then kicks you out when it's time. I still lie on my tummy, though it's less comfortable now and I can tell the end is approaching for my favorite sleep position and reading position.
We got to see you this week for the first time via ultrasound - it was pretty great. You were punching your little arms and making hiccup-like motions. You spent a lot of time standing on your head, which is exactly where I want you when it's time to be born. So that habit's cool with me! Your dad acted all nonchalant, but really loved it too.
We spent much of yesterday looking for where we'll live when you're born. Found one pretty good place with a not-great kitchen.
Your dad's grandma died this week. It's sad, but it was time for her to go. We're flying to Illinois this week for the memorial. I haven't been there in five years, and I'm looking forward to seeing Dave's family.
Love,
Mama
PS- Ooh, a story before I forget. My iron level is low, so I'm trying to eat things with iron in them. We went to Panera for dinner on the road last night, and I ordered a big bowl of black bean soup, which has a lot of iron in it. The soup came. I hated it. I hated it so much, but it was what I ordered, and I was so miserable that I ate about a quarter of it and then was about to cry. I told you dad, he laughed and said we could drive through Wendy's on our way back to the highway and get me something. So I got this huge cheeseburger, and it was wonderful! Weird pregnancy food story for you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment